Almar Water Solutions B.V. (“Almar Water Solutions”) is committed to respecting your privacy.
The Almar Water Solutions Website is owned and operated by Almar Water Solutions B.V., a limited company registered in Prins Bernhardplein 200, 1097 JB Amsterdam with registration number 66203899 and it is also operated by Almar Water Servicios España S.L., a limited company owned by Almar Water Solutions B.V. registered in Registro Mercantil de Madrid, Hoja M-621459, Folio 55, Tomo 34.548, Inscripción 1 with registration number B-87513628 and domiciled in C/ María de Molina 40, 5ª Planta, 28006 Madrid, Spain (the “Companies”).
Any information collected via the Almar Water Solutions Website is collected and processed by the Companies. For the purpose of the Spanish Data Protection Act (Act 15/1999, of December 13 and the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controllers are both Companies.
The Companies may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide via the Almar Water Solutions Website. You may provide information about yourself by filling in the enquiry form on the Almar Water Solutions Website, by corresponding with the Companies by the contact e-mail address made available on the Almar Water Solutions Website, when you register to receive the Almar Water Solutions B.V. newsletter indicated on the Almar Water Solutions Website, by subscribing to the Almar Water Solutions B.V.’s informational post indicated on the Almar Water Solutions Website, participating in other social media activities on the Almar Water Solutions Website made available via the Almar Water Solutions Website, participating in any customer surveys and when you report a problem with the Almar Water Solutions Website. The information you provide may include your name, address, e-mail address and contact number.
- Information collected about you via the Almar Water Solutions Website. With regard to each of your visits to the Almar Water Solutions Website, the following information may be automatically collected:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Almar Water Solutions Website (including date and time); pages you viewed; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call any Companies’ contact number.
- Information received from other sources. The Companies may receive information about you if you use any other websites operated by the Companies and/or Abdul Latif Jameel or any service provided by the Companies or Abdul Latif Jameel. The Companies work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, customer survey providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Information held about you may be used in the following ways:
- Information you provide via the Almar Water Solutions Website. This information may be used:
- for internal record keeping and administration;
- to provide you with the information and services you request via the Almar Water Solutions Website (including without limitation news items, information and updates about the Companies);
- to be shared with members of the Companies or Abdul Latif Jameel or Almar Water Solutions B.V. for the purposes indicated in section “Uses made of the information”;
- to provide you with information about Almar Water Solutions B.V. goods, products and services similar to those you may have already expressed an interest in or enquired about, including newsletters;
- to provide you with information about goods or services or events which may interest you when you choose to do so;
- to perform and analyse the results of customer surveys and feedback about the Companies, including being combined with information gathered from other survey participants;
- when you choose to do so, to allow you to be contacted by third parties who carry out customer surveys and feedback about Almar Water Solutions B.V.;
- to notify you about changes to the Almar Water Solutions Website’s service;
- to address any enquires you may have raised via the Almar Water Solutions Website; and/or
- to ensure content from the Almar Water Solutions Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Use of the information the Almar Water Solutions Website may collect about you. This information may be used:
- to administer the Almar Water Solutions Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Almar Water Solutions Website to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Almar Water Solutions Website, when you choose to do so;
- as part of efforts to keep the Almar Water Solutions Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of promotional and marketing activities, and to deliver relevant promotional and marketing activities to you; and/or
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Almar Water Solutions Website about goods or services which may interest you or them.
Your personal information will not be sold, distributed or leased to third parties to use for their own purposes unless you give your permission or there is a legal requirement to do so.
However, you agree and consent that:
- Your personal information may be shared with Almar Water Solutions B.V. or Abdul Latif Jameel for the purposes indicated in section “Uses made of the information”. In particular, if you submit an enquiry using the enquiry form available on the Almar Water Solutions Website, your enquiry and any personal information you provide in it will be sent to the relevant Almar Water Solutions B.V. or Abdul Latif Jameel (based on the enquiry criteria you select). Your personal information may then be processed by such Almar Water Solutions B.V. or Abdul Latif Jameel businesses as part of its enquiry / customer database.
The Almar Water Solutions Website will be, managed and operated from Spain. The data collected from you via the Almar Water Solutions Website will be initially stored on servers currently located in Spain. The data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA, who work for Almar Water Solutions B.V. or Abdul Latif Jameel business or for one of its suppliers. By providing your personal data to the Almar Water Solutions Website, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
The time period for which your information is kept varies according to what your information is used for. In some cases there are legal or regulatory requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement to keep the information, it will be retain for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
At any time you can ask for your stored information to be deleted from the Companies database using the contact details below. However, some of your information may be retained in some circumstances and in accordance with the applicable legislation, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce terms and conditions or as required by regulators.
You have the right to ask for your personal data not to be processed for marketing purposes. You will be informed (before collecting your data) if your data is intended to be used for such purposes or to be disclosed to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the enquiry form used to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting the Companies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you fill in a form on the Almar Water Solutions Website (for example, the enquiry form), you must use any check boxes to indicate your preferences regarding use of your information and/or do not provide the relevant information. If you do not want your data to be used in this way, or for your details to be passed on to third parties for marketing purposes, please ensure you indicate this using the relevant box. However, please note if you do not provide all or correct information requested, it may not possible to provide you with the relevant information and/or services.
The Almar Water Solutions Website may contain links to and from the websites of other businesses of Almar Water Solutions B.V. or Abdul Latif Jameel, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note these websites have their own privacy policies and the Companies do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Acts give you the right to access information held about you.
The Companies do not knowingly collect the information of, or make contact with, children, including to participate in customer research activities. If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information via the Almar Water Solutions Website. Users aged 16 or under without such consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Date of policy: december 2016